Pages

Break up the creative rut...

posted by matt beres | | Posted On 1.25.2011 at 12:52 PM

Alright - so, I'm back. For now.

I'm going to pick up the writing experiement right where I left off. I've felt in a creative rut over the past month or so. Instead of staying there I've done a few things to break the mundane I was feeling. First, I purged my cubicle and started over. It's true. I took down all the eclectic things that were in my cubicle and started over with a more clean look. I'm enjoying that. Second, I went on vacation and experienced a different culture. Going away from the normal scenery always puts me into a more creative mode. Lastly, I started reading fiction again. Now, if you know me you know this one is huge. I honestly haven't read fiction books since high school. In fact, my life over the past 8 years has largely consisted of leadership books, church books, college text books, and psychology books. I started reading The Help and it's a great book that paints vivid characters. Gets the juices flowing.

The blog expresses creativity, but it also is a catalyst to create creativity. I don't think that makes sense to anyone but me.

Create. Express yourself. Be bold. Change it up.

Comments:

There are 0 comments for Break up the creative rut...